Sunday 8 January 2012

New year, new beginnings and lovely new (but still vintage) fabric!

Happy New Year to one and all.  Christmas is over for another year, the tree and the decorations are down and it's time to start thinking about the year ahead.  I love how 'vintage' has really caught on in the last year or so and how many people now embrace the idea of giving a new lease of life to something once owned and loved by a previous owner.  If not using a vintage piece as it is then having something that has been reworked or recycled and made into some beautiful new thing.

Often on my travels I come across pieces that really seem to have seen better days but once given some TLC and maybe a stitch or two come back to life ready to be loved again.  It often reminds me of Emily from Bagpuss - one of my favourite programs as a child.

 
 
 The dates have now been fixed for this years Kitsch & Stitch Fairs - the first one is the Spring Fair and is on 31st March, details can be found on the blog kitschandstitchfair.blogspot.com I'm really excited as from now on I'm going to be helping Debbie, together with Mandi, to organise these fairs.


Held at the Vestry Hall in Cranbrook, they started last year and have quickly gained a great reputation and large following owing to the fabulous stallholders offering a range of handmade and vintage goods, all of wonderful quality and complimenting each other beautifully.  Debs and Linda worked really hard last year organising and promoting the events which were all hugely successful - here's hoping this years fairs will be too.

Lastly, for the time being, I just wanted to share with you some gorgeous pieces of vintage fabric I have found over the last few days.  I absolutely love this first piece of childrens fabric with the cutest giraffes on (have already used some to cover my diary for this year!)






Finding such lovely pieces helps to inspire me but also has an addictive affect and makes me want to go out and find more! Once you love vintage you just can't stop!!

Love Suzie xx

   

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Suzie! Gorgeous fabrics, particularly those cute little giraffes :o)

    Good luck with your new role with Kitsch and Stitch - hopefully I'll see you there........

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pleased to have you 'on board' Suzie. Looking forward to our first official get-together on Friday.
    I love the fabrics - I'm itching to go fabric hunting, but I have so much that I MUST use before I restock. I think my favourite is the giraffes too!
    See you soon xx

    ReplyDelete